Friday, June 30, 2006

Sandstone Slabs


Here's a few shots thrown together of a few projects that I had put together with some sandstone.

The bench in the upper-right is a sandstone called Tennessee Web-wall. I guess the locals have named it as such because the striking rings of mineral elements in the sandstone look like webbing. I've not use any in a few years and it looks to be in short supply from what I was told.

The other 2 shots are of the same stone being used in simple sculptural elements in the garden. An attempt to add a vertical element with some 4 season interest.

The lower right is some pieces added to a Children's Garden for the AHS in Alexandria, Virginia back in the mid-90's. I've no idea if my stuff is still there, moved, tossed, just no idea . . .

Anyway; it's good to look back once and awhile-to measure how far we have come, and how far we have-yet to go. Posted by Picasa

No comments: