Monday, June 26, 2006

Doodling a Landscape Rendering

 
This was the simple black line drawing before anything was done.
 
Rendering after adding some color pencil, decided to just fool around with pencils this morning, and not soak up any fumes from markers. I don't really like to render in pencil only, I use pencils to enhance the marker work done for presentations. For me I hae not been able to make the pencil work come alive.

I have seen artist who are great with colored pencil; but for me personally I cannot justify the time to make that type of drawing for for a landscape rendering.
 
Here is my completed color pencil drawing. This is just a simple design based on the pergola/seating area that I had been working on last week. The difference here is that I am showing different scenarios for columns.
 
Paint.NET was used to color this drawing. I had scanned the black and white drawing in and the fooled around with the program to come up with this rendering. There are a lot of effects in the software, and you have to ability to layer in, so this could look a lot different with some depth and dimension added, but I haven't been able to put in the time yet.

Paint.net was made to help manipulate photo's and I would be able to render right over the images I take,(creating a before and after)and manipulate that way. Right now it is a case of I am committed to work on making my hand-drawn renderings better. More depth, more dimension, more jump off the page.

Paint.net is fun to play with, and I will continue to do so. I have no real desire to learn more advanced/complicated software for drawing. Nor do I want to get into one of those software programs that "image" landscapes.

I guess you could say I am "old-school" and I intend to stay that way. Posted by Picasa

No comments: