Saturday, January 14, 2006

"Bob's Wheels"

I call them ''Bob's Wheels'' because Bob showed me the photos. These are from an abandoned quarry, as opposed to the junk pile at a quarry. The difference-look at post from a few days ago, you will see some shots from the junk pile there.
The story behind these bad boys; is at one time, they were slated to become millstone/grindstones. The quarry goes out of business and the property just sits quietly . . . for a long time, a very long time. The land sits quietly for decades.
Along comes a property owner not sure what to do, he finds a guy like Bob and the next thing you know, Bob finds me. I have some ideas of what I'd like to do with some of the stones, Bob and a few other guys have a few ideas themselves-they'd like to move them. The thing is; there are a lot of them and they are available for purchase. If you so desire. Please contact me and we will get a hold of you with sizing, prices, how to ship, where they are etc. Even take you on a field trip if necessary.I can tell you this. They are in Ohio.
So let your imagination run wild, tell me what you think they could/should be used for. I am looking at the possibility of table tops, fountains, art in the garden. Lots of ideas. Posted by Picasa

No comments: